288 Egg Harbor Road, NJ, United States
Gloucester County Sigmas © 2013 | All Rights Reserved
Bigger and Better Business became a principle concern of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity in 1924. At the 1925 Conclave, the voting body make Bigger and Better Business a national program. In April of 1926, business programs were sponsored by chapters throughout the nation. Since 1926, Bigger and Better Business Program has been sponsored on a national scale by Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity.
The genesis of the Education program lies in the traditional emphasis which the Fraternity places on education and the fundamental reorganization of the Fraternity that took place in the period of 1945-46.
Phi Beta Sigma has from its very beginning concerned itself with improving the general well-being of minority groups. In 1934, a well-defined program of Social Action was formulated and put into action. The Social Action project was concieved in the mind of Brother Elmo M. Anderson, President of Epsilon Sigma Chapter(New York, 1934).